STEM @ Bay Elementary School!
The STEM program at Bay Elementary School is currently working to prepare all our elementary students to:
- Think critically and evaluate websites, email, and other content online.
- Protect themselves from online threats, including bullying and scams.
- Get smart about sharing: what, when, how, and with whom.
- Be kind and respectful toward other people online, including respecting their privacy.
- Ask for help with tricky situations from a parent or other trusted adult.
Throughout the school year, students will work lead by the program "Be Internet Awesome," a multifaceted program designed to teach kids the skills they need to be safe and smart online. Developed by Google in partnership with educators, researchers, and online-safety experts at iKeepSafe.org, Be Internet Awesome provides fun, age-appropriate learning experiences built around five foundational lessons:
- Share with Care
- It's Cool to Be Kind
- Don't Fall for Fake
- When in Doubt, Talk it Out
- Secure Your Secrets
To learn more about the big things happening in the STEM program at Bay Elementary visit the website: https://stematbes.weebly.com.